Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

I was sent to cover funeral services, wakes, and other memorial services in Newtown, Connecticut starting on Tuesday December 18, 2012 at 5:30a.m for Digital First Media, the parent company of the Daily Local News.  

On the first day, I covered funeral services for Sandy Hook Elementary School Students James Mattioli and Jessica Rekos in Newtown, CT.
After completing my assignment for the day, I went to visit the two very large, and continually growing memorials in Sandy Hook.  The first was in the downtown area, the second was next to the firehouse, alongside the only road which leads to Sandy Hook Elementary School, where the mass shooting occurred.  I ran into a group of buddhist munks praying at both memorials.

No comments: